When to Call an Emergency Disaster Cleanup CompanySeptember 26, 2018
Fall Checklists to Keep your Home SafeOctober 11, 2018
Asbestos could be inside your home at this very moment and you would never know. It could be harming you and your family. Particles of this mineral are often too small to be seen and it is usually mixed with other construction materials. It is a dangerous fiber that has been used for decades in construction materials. Asbestos was perfect for construction, as it was durable, cost-effective, and fire retardant. Asbestos could be used for a variety of construction materials. How do you know if your home has asbestos? The only way to tell for sure is through an inspection. Below we will discuss asbestos inspections and the asbestos removal process.
Asbestos inspections should only be completed by an asbestos removal professional who is certified. They have the proper knowledge and tools to ensure you get the correct results. Asbestos tests are thorough and completed on your entire property. Asbestos is such a dangerous fiber that you want to make sure the whole property is tested. This is done for your safety.
Asbestos Removal Safety
Asbestos removal is tricky and very tedious. Certified asbestos removal professionals will ask that you leave the property until the removal process is completed. This is for you and your family’s safety. Asbestos can easily transfer from one area to another through the air or on clothing. Asbestos removal specialists wear suits and have the equipment to keep the asbestos contained. They also have the proper licenses to remove and safely dispose of the asbestos. Once the asbestos is removed, they will inspect the property once again to ensure all asbestos has been removed.
Asbestos can be lurking throughout your home. If you are uncertain if your home has asbestos, it is crucial to have an asbestos test completed.
Below are some areas that commonly contain asbestos:
- Popcorn Ceilings
Above are just some of the many products that could contain asbestos. Asbestos is highly dangerous and can cause respiratory problems, cancer, and even death. Be safe and have your property checked for asbestos! It could save you and your family’s life!