Dry Weather and your HomeAugust 5, 2016
Severe Weather Brings Damages to your HomeAugust 25, 2016
Summer is in full swing and so are fires. Summer is when most fires happen. The weather is perfect for fires and more people are BBQing and cooking outdoors. It is also a time of fireworks and other outdoor activities. Many of these activities can spark a fire. Disaster Cleanup Services wants you to have a safe summer. Below are some things to be aware of.
- Check your Fire Extinguishers and Fire Alarms- This is very important, as many people do not check them as regularly as they should. Ensure your family knows where the fire extinguishers are and how to use them. It could save a life.
- Have a Fire Escape Plan- For many people, this is a given. However, how many times have your practiced your fire plan? Does everyone know exactly what to do? Have you gone over it and made sure everyone is doing it correctly? If not, now is the time. A simple fire plan could be what saves your family.
- Be Aware of Cooking Indoors and Out- Summer time is the time for families and friends to enjoy each other’s company. With so much cooking and entertaining, it is easy for something to catch fire. Make sure everyone is aware of their surroundings and know where the fire extinguishers are located.
- Fireworks and other Activities- If the area you are making s’mores or shooting fireworks is dry, you could have a fire on your hands. An enjoyable night, could turn into an uncontrollable fire. Know your surrounding and what to do, if there is a fire!
- Keep Matches and Lighters Away from Children- Children love fire. Keep your lighters and other fire starters on a top shelf, or locked away. This simple act, could save your home.
Above are just a few tips to keep you fire free this summer. The main thing is to be aware of your surrounding and have a plan. If you do experience a fire disaster, call Disaster Cleanup Services. They will be able to handle fire cleanup and fire restoration of your precious home and items.