Does Your Family Have a Disaster Plan? It can save your life!October 24, 2014
The Aroma is Killing Me. I need help with my sewer!November 7, 2014
Storm damage has affected your home. Now what do you do? Some damage is minor and not as serious, but sometimes horrible things happen. A tree could fall damaging your home or shingles could blow off your roof making your home leak. Colorado Disaster Cleanup Services is here to help you understand what to do!
- The first thing you should do is determine if the damage is life threatening.
Do you have electrical lines down or is water leaking into areas with electronic appliances? If so you should exit the area and call your electric company to come out and secure your property.
- If your property is secure, then you should inspect the area. See if you just have a fence or tree down.
If this is the case you could wait to call someone. If you have a tree on your home or a leak then you should call a disaster cleanup service company. We know what should be done and how quickly one must act to ensure your home and items are saved.
- If you have a tree on your home, it is important to stay away from the area until professionals have arrived.
The tree could shift and cause even more damage. You could also become trapped. Give someone like Colorado Disaster Cleanup Services a call immediately. Any disaster cleanup service worth their salt will be out quickly and should be available 24/7 to assist in these types of problems.
- If you have a leak, see how large it is.
If the leak can be contained with buckets then you should find something to catch the water. It would also be wise to move your valuables from the area. The faster things are moved the better chance of them being restored.
- Give your insurance company a call.
The sooner they know of the problems you are experiencing the faster they will get the ball rolling.
- Once disaster cleanup services arrives, they will assess the situation and begin by taking pictures and documenting things.
A good company like Colorado Disaster Cleanup Services will gladly help you with your insurance company. We know the struggle and the stress it will put on you.
If you are experiencing any type of disaster, your safety should be your number one concern. Do not call anyone till you are in a safe area. Colorado Disaster Cleanup Services is available to your 24/7 for the Denver area and will be there for you every step of the way. Give us a call today!