How does Water damage cause mold problems?

What to do when you have Water Damage
August 22, 2014
Signs of a Bad Emergency Restoration Company
September 16, 2014

Mold loves wet and damp areas.  It multiplies quickly and soon your entire home will be overtaken with mold and other harmful spores.  When a home or office experiences water damage it is highly likely that mold will form if the water is not taken care of by a professional. Water trapped in walls and under floors is not seen by the unaided eye and is often left by people removing water. This becomes an intense breeding ground for mold and other harmful bacteria.

What to do to prevent mold from forming

  1. Always call a professional if you have water damage. This is the best way to prevent mold from forming. Disaster Cleanup Services has the right equipment to remove all the water the right way.
  2. Ensure your home has air flow.
  3. When a professional is called out to your home or business, after the water is cleaned up, special cleansing agents are used. These cleansing agents prevent mold from forming.
  4. It todays home, the insulation is so good that proper air does not flow through the house to completely dry it. That is where we come in.  Our equipment find these areas and we make sure it is 100% dry.

If Mold has already formed

Mold will form from water that was left over from a leak. It could also form from a leak that you didn’t know about. Mold will even invade your air conditioning vents. This can be very hazardous to you and your loved ones health.

  1. NEVER try to rid your home of mold alone. Always hire a professional when dealing with mold and other harmful bacteria. Disaster Cleanup Services has the right equipment to safely remove it from your home or office.
  2. Call a professional. Any business that is worth their salt, will give you a free estimate. Disaster Cleanup Services will come out and assess the situation. We will give you an estimate and then will begin work on your home or office.
  3. Make sure that you and your loved ones, including pets, are out of the home until the cleanup is finished. Exposure to mold can lead to serious health problems.
  4. Disaster Cleanup Services will do a complete mold remediation on your home. This includes mold removal and cleanup with our special cleansing agents.

How Does Mold make you Sick?

Mold is very dangerous and harmful to both humans and pets.  Mold is harmful in two ways. Short term and long term symptoms can occur. Symptoms of mold exposure can include, but are not limited to, runny nose, dry eyes, headaches, nausea, breathing difficulty, asthma, higher vulnerability to respiratory infections such as pneumonia, chronic bronchitis, learning disabilities, mental deficits, heart problems, several types of cancer, multiple sclerosis, chronic fatigue, lupus, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, and bleeding in the lungs. Alone, mold typically isn’t dangerous.  Byproducts that mold produces are very dangerous and harmful to people and pets health. These include mycotoxins and spores which can travel through air vents through your home or office.

If you need mold removal, give Disaster Cleanup Services in Denver a call. We are certified and 100% guaranteed. What are you waiting for? Don’t let your health or your loved ones suffer. Call Today!